Have you considered including an index in your book or ebook? Indexes are a value added to non-fiction publications. In his presentation, David will discuss how indexes, which are metacontent documents, can be leveraged to create new opportunities for sales and user functionality.
Indexes work when the content in an index can be understood by reading systems via a standard. David will explain how establishing a standard is the basis for creating indexes in both printed and ebooks and what that means to authors and publishers.
You will learn:
- How an index can make your book more marketable
- How to determine whether your books should include an index
- Whether there is a difference between a printed book and an ebook index
- Why searching in ebooks does not replace an index
- How indexing standards simplify the creation of an index
David K. Ream is Leverage Technologies’ chief consultant for publishers. He has a M.S. degree in Computer Science from Case Western Reserve University. Mr. Ream has spent more than 30 years working with publishers in the areas of typesetting design and production, database creation, editorial systems, and electronic publication design and production.
Watch the webinar now!
Can’t see the Replay? Login
Not a member yet? Join now! Click to join Book Street Café.
Recorded June 27, 2013.